Personalized Health Care From Doctors Who Care
Senior Health is our #1 priority. Palm Beach Elder Care was founded by Rachana Sedhai, MD, and Manoj Bhattarai, MD in 2019 to provide comprehensive services to older adults over 60 years in Palm Beach and Hendry county.
1. Palm Beach Elder Care provides three different types of geriatric services to seniors in Palm Beach and Hendry County. We see patients in Assisted Living & Nursing Homes, offer House Visits to homebound patients, and provide executive-level services to seniors enrolled in the Geriatrics Concierge Medicine program.
Nursing home – Our team members visit nursing homes and assisted living to provide longitudinal medical care to geriatric residents.
House call – Our team provides home-based longitudinal geriatric medical care to those elderly who are confined to the home (e.g., normal inability to leave; requires considerable and taxing effort to leave; requires supportive devices like canes, wheelchairs, and walkers to leave; requires special transportation to leave; requires help from another person to leave; medical contraindication for leaving the home).
Concierge Medicine For Older Adults – For those who can afford it, a dedicated team of a geriatrician, dietitians, exercise therapists, and registered nurses offer an initial comprehensive geriatric assessment and screening (in 17 areas as listed below that your primary care doctor would rarely have time for during regular office visit, but are of significant importance for older adults to improve overall health outcome and avoid hospitalizations and ER visits) and make several home visits a month to closely assess health issues of our patients and liaison with primary care doctors and specialists. Patient and their family members can reach a geriatrician 24-7 on his cell phone.
- Urinary incontinence
- Weight loss
- Chronic pain
- Sexual dysfunction
- Functional status/disability
- Age-appropriate cancer screening and immunization
- Social support/resources and financial situation
- Advance care planning
2. Palm Beach Homemaker & Companion Care provides non-skilled services to seniors related to household cleaning, cooking, errands, grocery shopping, companionship, and transportation to parks/appointments.
3. Dr. Bhattarai provides kidney-related services to patients of Palm Beach and Hendry Counties through Kidney Specialists of the Palm Beaches.
Palm Beach Elder Care
“62 percent of all personal bankruptcies are due to medical expenses.” – Harvard University
“250,000 people in the United States die annually from medical errors, making them the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.”- Johns Hopkins
“Older Americans take too many unnecessary drugs from multiple doctors thus predisposing to fatal complications and hospitalizations.” – NY Times
“Over $3 billion is scammed off elder folks to financial and other forms of scam every year.” – CNBC
Millions of Americans work hard all their life to enjoy the much-anticipated retirement. Unfortunately, a labyrinthine of complex and overlapping medical problems and fragmented healthcare system results in overall poor quality of health and personal bankruptcies before the dream even materializes.
Concierge care is designed to address each patient’s needs on an individual basis so that the greatest level of care is provided. Medical issues need to be dealt with quickly and diligently but access to quality healthcare professionals can be restricted due to location, patient load, and other factors. Palm Beach Elder Care eliminates those concerns by focusing on patient needs and matching those needs with a complete care schedule that is followed. Doctor and nurse visits help head off potential problems while reinforcing good health habits and protocols.
Concierge Medicine bundle includes 4 services:
1. Initial comprehensive executive-style comprehensive geriatric assessment, followed by ongoing customized and personalized care by a multidisciplinary team
2. Establish a physician as a health care surrogate to collaborate and streamline care with consultants
3. Act as a liaison with other care providers and hospitals, clinics, as well as nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities
4. Health coaching by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals – physician, geriatric care manager, nurse, dietitian, social worker, and exercise therapist – in the unhurried atmosphere at patient’s home
Palm Beach Elder Care Helps Many Patients
Eldercare is a fact of life and in many situations, it can be difficult or impossible for family members. The complexities of senior health combined with the constantly-changing ways of delivering services and providing care can make caregivers confused, upset, and worried. Over time, it can become a tremendous burden and one that diminishes the quality of life for both the senior and the caregiver. Families with seniors can get the help they need for the following conditions or problems:
- Health Coaching & Monitoring
- Complex Medical Conditions
- Recurrent hospitalizations
- High Blood Pressure
- Preventative Care
- Urinary Incontinence
- Kidney Stones/Kidney Failure/Dialysis
- Behavioral Changes
- Legs Swelling
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Heart Attack/Heart Failure
- Advance care planning to discuss living will and goals of care to improve overall quality of life
Care Team & Membership Fee For Concierge Medicine Services
- Dr. Manoj Bhattarai and Dr. Rachana Sedhai are trained medical professionals focused on providing the highest level of senior health care available. Dr. Bhattarai is board-certified in Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, and Nephrology. Dr. Sedhai is board-certified in Internal Medicine. Both doctors focus on seniors and conditions resulting from aging. Palm Beach Elder Care also provides geriatric care manager, certified nurses, exercise therapists, social worker, and dieticians to ensure each patient receives the level of care and attention we know they expect and deserve. The team works together to document, communicate, and coordinate every aspect of health care for their patients. It doesn’t matter where a patient needs to be seen – at home, at a clinic, or the hospital, the staff at Palm Beach Care goes the extra mile to ensure their patients are as happy, healthy, and comfortable as possible.
Comprehensive Care by Dr. Manoj Bhattarai: $500 per visit or $5000 per year
A team of Dr. Bhattarai (triple board-certified in Internal Medicine, Nephrology, and Geriatrics) will conduct an initial comprehensive geriatric assessment and design a customized annual plan of care for you to achieve optimal health outcomes and prevent ER visits/hospitalization. Upon your consent, we become your health surrogate to liaison with other health care providers to make the best possible decision in your interest. We perform scheduled house calls on an as-needed basis to reassess and adjust the care plan based on the change in your health situation. Our team members may even make hospital visits if you are hospitalized. We update your healthcare in our database by obtaining records from the hospital and other consultants involved in your care and creating a summary copy for you. The team will review and update your medication list every month. The team will refer you to other related services in the area as the need arise. You can reach your geriatrician on his cell phone 24 hours a day on his cell phone.
Manoj Bhattarai, MD
- Internal Medicine Residency: Memorial Hospital, RI (2013)
- Nephrology Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh (2015)
- Geriatrics Fellowship: Brown University (2016)
Dr. Bhattarai has been an active staff with more than 3 years of experience at Hendry Regional Medical Center, Lakeside Medical Center, Palms West Hospital, Wellington Regional Medical Center, JFK Medical Center, Bethesda Hospital (East and West), and Select Specialty Hospitals. He is an assistant professor and teaches geriatrics to family medicine residents at Lakeside Medical Center.
Comprehensive Care by Dr. Rachana Sedhai: $400 per visit or $3000 per year
The above mentioned comprehensive services and activities will be performed by a multidisciplinary team led by Dr. Sedhai
Rachana Sedhai, MD
Internal Medicine Residency: Memorial Hospital, RI (2016)
Fees listed below are annual membership fees paid by the patient out-of-pocket. In addition, we bill your health insurance company for covered services.